#Sip&Sail with 40 Hour Jammin'
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Nelly Bay, QLD
A Sip&Sail with a difference...ONE NIGHT ONLY!
Jump on board for a sunset sail during the "40 Hour Jammin" with live music by Eddie Gazani (Guitar/Vocals) and Dany Avanzini (Gypsy Jazz Guitar). Enjoy wine, beer and cheese platters as you chill out listening to the tunes!
- Live music on board as part of the "40 Hour Jammin" on Magnetic Island over the weekend.
- All profits donated to MND and Me Foundation supporting people and their families living with Motor Neurone Disease (MND) in Queensland
- Sunset cruise on board a luxury 58 foot sailing yacht
- Leisurely sail in the waters of Cleveland Bay while watching the sun setting over Magnetic Island
- Sample different Tamburlaine Organic Wines or enjoy a beer with a selection of delicious cheeses
- Personal and intimate experience with the feel of a private charter
- Looking for that extra special evening - select our Sip, Sail & Dine option which includes a two course special dinner at Peppers Blue on Blue
At 4.15pm you will be met on the corner of the Peppers Boardwalk restaurant and the Fantasea car ferry ramp at the Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal and shown to the beautiful 58 foot sailing yacht, which is only a stones throw away from the meeting spot.
Once on board you'll have a choice of places to sit - on the foredeck, on the beanbags in the middle or in one of the two cockpits at the back of the boat. There's plenty of space for everyone to spread out and with a maximum of around fourteen guests it'll feel like your own private charter.
On departing Magnetic Island Marina at 4.30pm you'll receive a quick introduction and safety brief before pulling up sails in Cleveland Bay. Guests are always invited to get involved if you wish, or feel free to watch the crew, Paul & Clare, hoist the sails before turning off the engine to enjoy the peace.
Once under sail, you will enjoy live music on board performed by Eddie Gazani (Guitar/Vocals) and Dany Avanzini (Gypsy Jazz Guitar).
While chilling out enjoying the views and the tunes, you will be offered a selection of Tamburlaine Organic Wines, which include Sauvignon Blanc, Vintage Blanc de Blanc, Chardonnay and a Petit Fleur (Rose). For non-wine drinkers, there is a locally brewed beer and soft drinks. There is also a delicious cheese platter to enjoy with your wine - be sure to try the homemade pumpkin chutney!!!
The route of the 90 minute cruise in Cleveland Bay will depend on the wind (strength and direction) and the skipper, Paul will ensure that it is the most comfortable ride for the prevailing conditions. Paul will also line the boat up for the perfect view of the sun setting over Magnetic Island - make sure your cameras are ready!
An extra highlight for the evening is not only will you see the sunset over the Island, you will also witness the spectacle of the moonrise over Cape Cleveland.
Once the sun has dropped below the island, we will drop the sails and motor back into Nelly Bay Harbour in time for your dinner plans. If you're looking for a special dinner after the cruise then look no further than Peppers Boardwalk Restaurant. We almost drop you off in the restaurant itself!
ALL PROFITS ARE DONATED TO MND & ME FOUNDATION.
SIP, SAIL & DINE PACKAGE
For an extra special night out you can dine at the Boardwalk Restaurant at Peppers Blue on Blue. Our Sip, Sail & Dine packageincludes a special two course menu to enjoy after the Sunset Cruise. For only an additional $65 per person you'll enjoy a Main, a Side dish (to share) and a Dessert, along with a complimentary glass of house wine or beer. 2019 Menu will be coming soon.
We will make your reservation at Peppers Blue on Blue Restaurant for you at 6.15pm after the sunset cruise.
Please note: Certain dates the Boardwalk Restaurant is closed for a function. On those dates the menu is still available in the function room. We will contact you and give you the option if you want to proceed in these events.
TO BOOK: Select "Dine Package" as an extra when booking.
For your convenience you can book return ferry tickets from Townsville at time of booking. Select the Ferry ticket as an extra when booking.
TO BOOK: Select "Ferry Transfer" as an extra when booking.
SIP, SAIL & DINE FROM TOWNSVILLE
If you are looking to do our Sip, Sail and Dine package and you are coming from Townsville, please select our special package which includes return Sealink ferry tickets with a complimentary beverage, the sunset cruise and Dinner at the Boardwalk Restaurant.
TO BOOK: Select "Dine package AND Ferry tickets" as an extra when booking.
We depart Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay at 4.30pm and return around 6pm.
- Meet at the corner of Peppers Boardwalk Restaurant and the Fantasea Car Ferry Ramp at the Nelly Bay Terminal at 4.15pm
- The crew will show you to the vessel, Pilgrim, for boarding
- Depart marina at 4.30pm
- Pull out sails and enjoy the peace (wind permitting)
- Enjoy Tamburlaine Organic Wines, premium beers or soft drinks and delicious cheeses
- Enjoy watching the sun setting over Magnetic Island
- Return to Magnetic Island Marina at approximately 6.00pm
PICK UPPlease meet by the car ferry ramp (next to the Peppers Blue on Blue deck) at Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal at 4.15pm
One of the crew will meet you there and show you to the boat. Look out for someone in a white "Pilgrim Sailing" shirt!
Please arrive promptly so we depart the dock on time. Unfortunately if you are late the boat will have left without you.We will depart at 4.30pm SHARP.
After the cruise Pilgrim will return to Magnetic Island Marina around 6.00pm after the sun has set behind the island.
WHAT TO BRING
- Flat white soled shoes or you can go bare foot.
- Comfortable clothes
If you are wearing unsuitable shoes you will be asked to remove them.
- Live music on board -
- Tamburlaine Organic Wines, premium beers or soft drinks (all inclusive)
- Selection of local cheeses with accompaniments
- Great Barrier Reef levy
Cruises will only run with four or more adults.
*Tamburlaine Organic Wines are a proud partner of Pilgrim Sailing and a boutique wine producer based in the Hunter Valley, NSW. They pride themselves on being the largest organic wine producer in Australia. All their wines are the perfect accompaniment to an evening sail on Pilgrim.