Full Moon Cruise
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Nelly Bay, QLD
Sail aboard a beautiful 58-foot sailing yacht for a memorable evening on the water where you’ll enjoy the full moon rising over the ocean shortly after the sun has set behind the island. During the two-hour cruise, you’ll also be treated to a local cheese platter served with a selection of beverages including a welcome cocktail.
• Experience the magic of watching the sunset followed by the full moon rise at sea
• Welcome Bellini cocktail followed by unlimited local beers, Australian organic wines, or soft drinks served throughout the cruise
• Have a go at the helm, a great photo opportunity!
• Onboard a luxury 58-foot yacht with first-class service
• Welcome cocktail followed by unlimited local beers, Australian organic wines and soft drinks
• Local cheese platter and accompaniments
• 2-hour sail in Cleveland Bay
• Complimentary souvenir wine glass or stubby cooler
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT WHAT TO EXPECT:
Your Full Moon Cruise begins at Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay. One of the crew will meet you on Pepper's Blue on Blue restaurant deck and show you to Pilgrim, the beautiful 58-foot sailing yacht.
After a full briefing to ensure everyone feels comfortable and safe, we'll head out of the marina and pull up the sails. Once under sail, you’ll be served a seasonal cocktail while you kick back and enjoy the scenery and the sailing.
The route of the cruise in Cleveland Bay will depend on the wind (strength and direction). The skipper will ensure that it is the most comfortable ride for the prevailing conditions and will also line the boat up for the perfect view of the sun setting over Magnetic Island and the moon rising over the ocean.
During the cruise, you’ll enjoy a local cheese platter served with a range of Tamburlaine Organic Wines, locally brewed beers from the Townsville Brewery, and soft drinks. (Wine selection includes Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Sparkling and Rose, please note we don't serve red wine onboard)
After around an hour, the sun will be starting to set and the sky will light up in beautiful colours, presenting the perfect opportunity for some photos. Shortly after this, you’ll be presented with another spectacle of the full moon rising over the ocean (subject to weather).
A few important things to note:
• The cruise times change each month depending on the sunset and the moonrise times.
• Please remember we are at the mercy of mother nature and clouds may limit the visibility of the moon rise and/or the sunset. We cannot guarantee perfect conditions, however, we will do our best to ensure you enjoy a beautiful evening on the water with sailing and some nice nibbles and wine.
Dates & Times:
18th March 2022 (5.30pm - 7.30pm)
17th April 2022 (5.00pm - 7.00pm)
16th May 2022 (4.30pm - 6.30pm)
14th June 2022 (4.30pm - 6.30pm)
14th July 2022 (5pm - 7pm)
12th August 2022 (5pm - 7pm)
10th September 2022 (5pm - 7pm)
10th October 2022 (5.30pm - 7.30pm)
8th November 2022 (5.30pm - 7.30pm)
8th December 2022 (5.30pm - 7.30pm)
7th January 2023 (6pm to 8pm)
6th February 2023 (6pm to 8pm)
7th March 2023 (5.30pm - 7.30pm)