Watch the Start of the Sydney to Hobart Race
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: ROSE BAY, NSW
The iconic Rolex Sydney to Hobart yacht race starts at 1pm on Boxing Day from Sydney Harbour.
Be amongst it all on a beautiful 58 foot sailing yacht with only a few other guests on board*.
Watch the yachts prepare for the race and see Sydney Harbour come alive with hundreds of boats before Pilgrim finds a perfect view of the start line. Once the gun has gone Pilgrim will shadow the fleet to see who's the first boat out of the harbour.
When the race yachts are on their way, you will enjoy a sailing experience of your own as the sails are hoisted on Pilgrim for a gentle sail back down the harbour (subject to suitable wind conditions).
Bring your own drinks and snacks or pre-order a picnic hamper & beverages at the time of booking
*Maximum 24 guests on board.
- On board a luxury 58 foot sailing yacht
- Watch the race start from close on the side-line
- Shadow the fleet to the heads
- Gentle sail back down the harbour
- Bring your own or picnic & drinks package available
- Personal and intimate experience
- Arrive at Rose Bay Public Wharf at 11.15am on 26th December
- Pilgrim departs the wharf at 11.30 SHARP
- Watch the yachts set up for the start
- Jostle with other boats to get the perfect view of the start line
- Follow the fleet up the harbour and watch them round the heads
- Pull sails up and enjoy a sailing experience back down the harbour (wind permitting)
- Return to Rose Bay Public Wharf at approximately 2.30pm
Departing Rose Bay Public Wharf, ROSE BAY at 11.30pm SHARP.
Rose Bay Public Wharf is next to the Rose Bay Ferry Wharf, Lyne Park off New South Head Road.
Please arrive promptly so we depart the dock on time and don't keep other guests waiting.
UNFORTUNATELY IF YOU ARE LATE THE BOAT WILL HAVE GONE WITHOUT YOU!
Pilgrim will return to Rose Bay Public Wharf at Rose Bay around 2.30pm.
WHAT TO BRING
- Flat white soled shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Spray jacket
- Something warm (just in case)
- Something to eat and drink (if you are BYO'ing)
If you are wearing unsuitable shoes you will be asked to remove them.
Please don't bring large eskies as they take up valuable deck space.
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
Available for purchase at time of booking:
Picnic Hamper includes:
Selection of cheese platter, finger sandwiches, and sweet treats.
Your choice of bottle of Tamburlaine Sparkling Wine, Tamburlaine Sauvignon Blanc or Six pack of Great Barrier Beer - please make selection at time of booking
For two persons - only $65 per hamper
Tamburlaine Blanc de Blanc (Sparkling white wine) - $35 per bottle
Tamburlaine Sauvignon Blanc - $25 per bottle
Great Barrier Beer - $25 per six pack
Pilgrim Sailing is a proud partner with Tamburlaine Organic Wines & Great Barrier Beer.
Please find out more about our partners on our page "Our Promise & Our Partners"
Soft drinks (coca cola, sprite and sparkling water) available for purchase on board.