Magnetic Island Race Week (Day only)
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Nelly Bay, QLD
- Sail in a premier yacht race in the magical waters surrounding Magnetic Island
- Race on board a beautiful 58 foot yacht (large, stable and comfortable)
- Hoist the spinnaker and enjoy the colourful display of sails all around
- Experienced crew on board to help race the boat and give instruction to guests (as required)
- All skill levels welcome
- Learn some basic sailing or brush up on your existing sailing knowledge
- Join the crew in post race celebrations on board and onshore with other race crews
There's plenty to do aboard a racing yacht so regardless of your skill level you'll be given the opportunity to get involved hoisting, trimming or grinding!! There will be six experienced sailors on board to guide and instruct you throughout the race.
Racing is not for the faint hearted so please ensure you have a reasonable level of fitness as everyone on board will be part of the crew for the day and expected to get involved.
You can join the crew for just one day of racing or claim your spot on board for the whole regatta & save 10%. Contact us directly to sign up for the whole regatta.
Racing starts on Friday 2nd September and finishes on Tuesday 6th September. Sunday is a "lay day" with no racing - a great opportunity to explore Magnetic Island or relax on one of the Island's 23 magnificent beaches.
- Non-sailors who want to learn to sail
- you if you have a sense of adventure and a good level of fitness
WHAT TO BRING:
- White soled shoes ONLY on board
- Comfortable clothes
- Cap & sunnies
- Spray jacket & something warm (just in case)
DATES & TIMES:
Magnetic Island Race Week runs from 1st September to 6th September.
Pick up is from the Marina in Nelly Bay around 10AM. You will be emailed to confirm times once sailing instructions are released nearer the time.