Sip & Sail Private Sunset Cruise (Magnetic Island)
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Nelly Bay, QLD
Set sail aboard a beautiful 58 foot sailing yacht for a memorable sunset cruise in the magical waters surrounding Magnetic Island. Enjoy a selection of Australian organic wine or premium beer accompanied by a selection of delicious cheeses while you watch the sun setting over Magnetic Island.
Note: This is the Private Charter option, if you want to book for individuals, couples or small groups please select Sip & Sail Sunset Cruise - Magnetic Island.
- Onboard a luxury 58-foot yacht
- Exclusive use of Pilgrim for you and your guests, with a professional and friendly crew to look after you
- Enjoy a sail in the waters of Cleveland Bay while watching the sun setting over Magnetic Island
- Sip a selection of Tamburlaine Organic Wines or a local beer with a delicious cheese platter (all-inclusive)
- Looking for that extra special evening - select our Sip, Sail & Dine option which includes a two-course special dinner at Peppers Blue on Blue
CHANGES IN RELATION TO CORONAVIRUS:
- COVID-Safe checklist is completed ✅
- Thorough cleaning with disinfectant before and after every cruise
- Cheese platters is served on disposable (& compostable) platters
- Wine will be served in our quality branded wine glasses and included as a souvenir to take home on all private charters.
- All your crew are following good hygiene practices including frequent hand washing
- Reduced the maximum number of guests on board to EIGHT to ensure physical distancing is met
- Pre-order drinks to facilitate serving of drinks
- We are also implementing a range of processes and practices to ensure we meet all the good hygiene and physical distancing regulations and will cover these in our briefing on board.
A little bit about what to expect on the Sip & Sail Sunset Cruise:
Our #Sip&Sail Private Sunset Cruise is perfect for you if you would like to enjoy a beautiful 58-foot sailing yacht all to yourselves, whether a large group or for an intimate evening with your family or loved one. We have no restrictions on the minimum number of guests, just a minimum charge for hiring the boat for the Sip&Sail.
Your Sip & Sail begins at Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay. One of the crew will meet you on the Pepper's Blue on Blue deck and show you to Pilgrim, the beautiful 58-foot sailing yacht.
After a full briefing to ensure everyone feels comfortable and safe, we'll head out of the marina and pull up sails and go sailing.
Once under sail, you will enjoy wines from a selection of Tamburlaine Organic Wines, which include Sparkling, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling and a Rose. (Note, we don't serve red wine onboard)
Alternatively, for non-wine drinkers, there is the locally brewed beer from the Townsville Brewery or soft drinks. All drinks are unlimited and included in the price.
There is also a delicious cheese platter to enjoy with your wine - be sure to try the homemade pumpkin chutney!
The route of the 90-minute cruise in Cleveland Bay will depend on the wind (strength and direction) and the skipper; Paul will ensure that it is the most comfortable ride for the prevailing conditions. Paul will also line the boat up for the perfect view of the sun setting over Magnetic Island - make sure your cameras are ready!
You or your guests are welcome to have a go at steering the yacht or just striking the pose behind the wheel for your new profile pic! If you are interested in sailing, the crew, Clare & Paul, would be delighted to get you involved pulling ropes or teaching you a little bit more about the sport.
Once the sun has dropped below the island, we will lower the sails and motor back into Nelly Bay Harbour in time for your dinner plans.
If you're looking for a special dinner after the cruise, then select our Sip, Sail & Dine package, which includes dinner at the Boardwalk Restaurant at Peppers Blue on Blue. We almost drop you off in the restaurant itself!
Pilgrim is a luxury 58-foot yacht and is perfect for guests of all ages.
She is large, stable and comfortable and there's plenty of space for everyone to spread out on board with seating in four main areas - the foredeck, the bean-bags or in one of the two cockpits.
Be sure to have a peek downstairs too; she is a stunning vessel with beautiful cabinetry and heaps of space below also.
THE FOOD & DRINK
We proudly serve quality Australian and local produce on every cruise.
We source our cheeses for the cheese platter from Gallo Dairyland, a family dairy on the Atherton Tablelands in Far North Queensland. And of course, our pumpkin chutney, which is the perfect accompaniment to the cheeses is homemade by one of your crew, Clare!
Our beers are from the local brewery in Townsville, the Townsville Brewery. We serve their Legends Lager, an easy-drinking lager and their Tropical Coast Pale Ale, a slightly fruitier beer.
We serve premium wines from New South Wales, from Tamburlaine Organic Wines, the largest organic wine producer in Australia. The grapes are predominantly grown in Orange with the cellar door and winery in the Hunter Valley, just north of Sydney. Another essential feature for us is it is a family-run winery.
If you are allergic to anything or have special dietary requirements - please advise at time of booking. Alternatively if you prefer to bring your own we offer a 15% discount. Enter the promotional code BYO15 when booking.
NUMBER OF GUESTS
Pilgrim can take up to 24 guests under licence; however, we strongly recommend no more than 16 guests. We have a minimum charge for private charters which equates to ten guests.
SIP, SAIL & DINE PACKAGE
For your convenience, you can book return ferry tickets from Townsville at the time of booking. Select the Ferry ticket as an extra when booking.
TO BOOK: Select "Ferry Transfer" as an extra when booking.
We depart Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay at 4.30 pm and return around 6 pm.
AVAILABILITY & BOOKINGS:
Sunset cruises are available every day from early April 2020 (except during Magnetic Island Race Week - 25th August 2020 to 5th September 2020).
- Meet at the corner of Peppers Boardwalk Restaurant and the Fantasea Car Ferry Ramp at the Nelly Bay Terminal at 4.15 pm
- The crew will show you to the vessel, Pilgrim, for boarding
- Depart marina at 4.30 pm
- Pull up sails and enjoy the peace (wind permitting)
- Enjoy Tamburlaine Organic Wines, premium beers or soft drinks and delicious cheeses
- Enjoy watching the sun setting over Magnetic Island
- Return to Magnetic Island Marina at approximately 6.00 pm
Please meet on the Peppers Blue on Blue deck, next to the car ferry ramp in Nelly Bay, Magnetic Island.
One of the crew will meet you there and show you to the boat. Look out for someone in a white "Pilgrim Sailing" shirt!
Unfortunately, if you are late, the boat will have left without you. We will depart at 4.30 pm SHARP.
After the cruise, Pilgrim will return to Magnetic Island Marina around 6.00 pm, after the sun has set behind the island.
WHAT TO BRING
- Flat white-soled or non-marking soled shoes or you can go barefoot.
- Comfortable clothes
· Tamburlaine Organic Wines*, Premium Beer or soft drinks
· Selection of cheeses with crackers
· Environmental Management Chart of $3.50 per person