Sip & Sail Sunset Cruise (Magnetic Island)
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Nelly Bay, QLD
Sip Australian organic wines or premium beers accompanied by a selection of delicious local cheeses while you watch the sun setting over Magnetic Island.
- Experience the magic of sailing, engine off and enjoy the peace
- Relax as the sun sets over Magnetic Island
- Unlimited local beers, Australian organic wines or soft drinks served throughout the cruise
- A cheese platter, just for you, with local cheeses served with Pilgrim's famous homemade pumpkin chutney
- Have a go at the helm, a great photo opportunity!
- On board a luxury 58-foot yacht with first class service
- 90-minute sail in Cleveland Bay
- Unlimited local beers, Australian organic wines or soft drinks
- Local cheese platter with accompaniments
- Great Barrier Reef Environmental levy of $3.50pp
- No hidden charges
CHANGES MADE DUE TO COVID-19:
1. COVID-Safe checklist is completed ✅
2. Thorough cleaning with disinfectant before and after every cruise
3. Cheese platter is served on disposable (& compostable) platters
4. Two options for wine glasses - we will provide disposable biocups (FOC) or you can purchase** one of our quality branded "glasses" for use on board and to take away as a souvenir. Glasses are on sale at a discount due to current circumstances.
5. All your crew are following good hygiene practices including frequent hand washing
** Recommended to minimise waste and a more enjoyable drinking experience in a high quality "glass".
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT WHAT TO EXPECT:
Your Sip & Sail begins at Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay. One of the crew will meet you on the Pepper's Blue on Blue deck and show you to Pilgrim, the beautiful 58-foot sailing yacht.
After a full briefing to ensure everyone feels comfortable and safe, we'll head out of the marina and pull up sails and go sailing.
Once under sail, you will enjoy wines from a selection of Tamburlaine Organic Wines, which include Sparkling, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling and a Rose. (Note, we don't serve red wine onboard)
Alternatively, for non-wine drinkers, there is the locally brewed beer from the Townsville Brewery or soft drinks. All drinks are unlimited and included in the price.
There is also a delicious cheese platter to enjoy with your wine - be sure to try the homemade pumpkin chutney!
The route of the 90-minute cruise in Cleveland Bay will depend on the wind (strength and direction) and the skipper; Paul will ensure that it is the most comfortable ride for the prevailing conditions. Paul will also line the boat up for the perfect view of the sun setting over Magnetic Island - make sure your cameras are ready!
Once the sun has dropped below the island, we will lower the sails and motor back into Nelly Bay Harbour in time for your dinner plans.
WHAT MAKES THE SUNSET CRUISE SPECIAL:
Pilgrim is a luxury 58-foot yacht and is perfect for guests of all ages.
She is large, stable and comfortable and there's plenty of space for everyone to spread out on board with seating in four main areas - the foredeck, the bean-bags or in one of the two cockpits.
The Food & Drink
We proudly serve quality Australian and local produce on every cruise.
We source our cheeses for the cheese platter from Gallo Dairyland, a family dairy on the Atherton Tablelands in Far North Queensland. And of course, our pumpkin chutney, which is the perfect accompaniment to the cheeses is homemade by Clare!
Our beers are from the local brewery in Townsville, the Townsville Brewery. We serve their Legends Lager, an easy-drinking lager and their Tropical Coast Pale Ale, a slightly fruitier beer.
We serve premium wines from New South Wales, from Tamburlaine Organic Wines, the largest organic wine producer in Australia. The grapes are predominantly grown in Orange with the cellar door and winery in the Hunter Valley, just north of Sydney. Another essential feature for us is it is a family-run winery.
If you are allergic to anything or have special dietary requirements - please advise at time of booking.