Lunchtime Sailing Cruise - Magnetic Island
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Nelly Bay, QLD
Jump on board with only a few other guests for a sail to one of the beautiful bays of Magnetic Island. Enjoy a swim or just chill out before a delicious BBQ lunch (included) is served.
- On board a luxury 58 foot sailing yacht
- Learn a little about sailing and help sail or steer the boat if you wish
- Explore one of Magnetic Island secluded beaches
- Go for a swim or hang out on the giant inflatable mat
- Maybe spot a whale or two (in season)
- Enjoy a delicious BBQ and local seafood lunch (included)
- Personal and intimate experience with two professional & friendly crew to assist
- Tamburlaine Organic Wines, premium beers or soft drinks to enjoy with your lunch and the sail home (included)
The 58 foot yacht, Pilgrim, is perfect for a lunchtime cruise for guests of all ages. Pilgrim is large, stable and comfortable with two deep cockpits which are super safe for kids.
Interested in sailing? The crew - Paul and Clare - love to get you involved and teach you a bit too. Great as a distraction/entertainment for the kids!
The number of guests on board is kept to a minimum to ensure a very personal service. Generally no more than 12 guests so plenty of space for everyone to spread out and relax.
Lunch and soft drinks are included. The BBQ lunch is a selection of local prawns, premium sausages, homemade salads with fresh bread rolls.
You'll also enjoy complimentary Tamburlaine Organic Wines or premium beer with your lunch and for the sail back home. (NEW FOR 2019)
If you are allergic to anything or have a special dietary requirements - please advise at time of booking. There may be a small additional charge to accommodate special diets which we will confirm with you via email after booking.
NOTE: Cruises will only run with six or more guests.
AVAILABILITY: Lunchtime cruises are available on Friday, Saturday or Sunday from early April to early October
TIMING: We depart Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay at 11.15am and return around 3pm.
- Board Pilgrim at Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay at 11.00am
- Depart marina at 11.15am
- Pull out sail and enjoy the peace (wind permitting) (approximately 1 - 1.5 hours)
- Drop anchor in a secluded bay on Magnetic Island
- Explore the beach, go for a swim or chill out on the giant inflatable mat or just relax on board.
- Enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch
- Sail back to Nelly Bay at around 3pm
PICK UP: We meet by the car ferry ramp (next to the Peppers Blue on Blue deck) at Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal at 11.00am.
DROP OFF: After the cruise Pilgrim will return to Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay around 3pm.
WHAT TO BRING
- Flat white-soled shoes (or you can go barefoot if you prefer)
- Comfortable clothes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & a hat
- Swimmers & towel
- Spray jacket and something warm (just in case)
If you are wearing unsuitable shoes you will be asked to remove them.
- BBQ lunch - Local prawns, premium sausages, homemade salads & fresh bread rolls & Soft Drinks
- Complimentary wine and beer with lunch and for the sail home.
- Great Barrier Reef levy