Lunchtime Sailing Cruise (Magnetic Island)
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Nelly Bay, QLD
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE LUNCHTIME CRUISE:
- Onboard a luxury 58-foot sailing yacht
- Explore one of Magnetic Island secluded beaches
- Go for a swim or hang out on the giant inflatable mat
- Experience the local wildlife up close and personal - humpback whales (in season), batfish and other reef fish, kites, sea-eagles, turtles and maybe even a dugong!
- A personal and intimate experience with the feel of a private charter
- Enjoy a local seafood & antipasto platter (included)
- Have a go steering the yacht or learn a little about sailing from your hosts
- Kick back with Australian organic wines or local premium beer served with your lunch and on the sail home (included)
- Four hour experience combining sailing, swimming, relaxation and delicious lunch
- Locally sourced seafood and antipasto platter (dietary requirements can be accommodated if requested at time of booking)
- Unlimited wine, beer and soft drinks served with lunch and on the sail home
- Board Pilgrim at Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay at 10.00 am
- Depart marina at 10.15am
- Pull up sails and enjoy the peace, wind permitting (approximately 1 - 1.5 hours)
- Drop anchor in a secluded bay on Magnetic Island
- Explore the beach, go for a swim or chill out on the giant inflatable mat or just relax onboard.
- Enjoy a delicious locally sourced lunch
- Sail back to Nelly Bay by around 2.15 pm
A little about what to expect on a Lunchtime Cruise:
Your lunchtime cruise begins at Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay. One of the crew will meet you on the Pepper's Blue on Blue deck and show you to Pilgrim, the beautiful 58-foot sailing yacht.
After a full briefing to ensure everyone feels comfortable and safe, we'll head out of the marina, pull up sails and go sailing.
Enjoy a leisurely sail to one of the bays of Magnetic Island. We'll sail for about an hour before dropping anchor in one of the bays.
You are welcome to have a go at steering the yacht or just striking the pose behind the wheel for your new profile pic! If you are interested in sailing, the crew would be delighted to get you involved pulling ropes or teaching you a little bit more about the sport. Alternatively, you can just kick back and relax in one of the bean bags.
The destination will depend on the wind conditions on the day but is often Radical Bay, Florence Bay or Arthur Bay.
Once at anchor, you'll have some time to yourselves, when you can chill on the boat, explore the beach, have a swim or play/relax on the giant inflatable mat. If the weather permits (on light wind days) you may be able to go for a snorkel and check out the fringing reef and fish.
After you've had some fun or just kicked back and relaxed, we'll serve lunch on board.
Lunch includes locally caught prawns and bugs and an antipasto platter served with fresh baguette. Also included are Australian organic wines, premium beers and soft drinks with lunch and on the sail back to Nelly Bay.
After lunch, we'll pull up anchor and sail back to the marina enjoying the Magnetic Island scenery as we go.
During the cruise, we usually spot some of the local wildlife - the beautiful brahminy kites, the batfish or large Cod and in season, if we're lucky we'll see one or two of the migrating humpback whales.
If you are allergic to anything or have special dietary requirements - please advise at time of booking. There may be a small additional charge to accommodate special diets which we will confirm with you via email after booking.
We depart Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay at 10.15 am and return around 2.15 pm
Please note: Online bookings close at 8pm the day before a cruise. Please send a text to 0424296406 if you wish to book a tour on the day or for the following day (if after 8pm).