Lunchtime Sailing Cruise - Magnetic Island
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Nelly Bay, QLD
- Product code: LUNMAG
Jump on board with only a few other guests for a sail to one of the beautiful bays of Magnetic Island. Enjoy a swim or just chill out before a delicious BBQ lunch (included) is served.
- On board a luxury 58 foot sailing yacht
- Learn a little about sailing and help sail or steer the boat if you wish
- Explore one of Magnetic Island secluded beaches
- Go for a swim or hang out on the giant inflatable mat
- Maybe spot a whale or two (in season)
- Enjoy a delicious BBQ and local seafood lunch (included)
- Personal and intimate experience with two professional & friendly crew to assist
- Tamburlaine Organic Wines or premium beers to enjoy with your lunch (additional charge)
The 58 foot yacht, Pilgrim, is perfect for a lunchtime cruise for guests of all ages. Pilgrim is large, stable and comfortable with two deep cockpits which are super safe for kids.
Interested in sailing? The crew - Paul and Clare - love to get you involved and teach you a bit too. Great as a distraction/entertainment for the kids!
The number of guests on board is kept to a minimum to ensure a very personal service. Generally no more than 12 guests so plenty of space for everyone to spread out and relax.
Lunch and soft drinks are included. The BBQ lunch is a selection of local prawns, premium sausages, homemade salads with fresh bread rolls.
You can also order a glass or two of wine or beer at time of booking (additional charge - max 2 per adult) or if you prefer you may bring your own beer or wine.
If you are allergic to anything or have a special dietary requirements - please advise at time of booking. There may be a small additional charge to accommodate special diets which we will confirm with you via email after booking.
NOTE: Cruises will only run with six or more guests.
AVAILABILITY: Lunchtime cruises are available on Friday, Saturday or Sunday from early April to early October
TIMING: We depart Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay at 11.15am and return around 3pm.
- Board Pilgrim at Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay at 11.00am
- Depart marina at 11.15am
- Pull out sail and enjoy the peace (wind permitting) (approximately 1 - 1.5 hours)
- Drop anchor in a secluded bay on Magnetic Island
- Explore the beach, go for a swim or chill out on the giant inflatable mat or just relax on board.
- Enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch
- Sail back to Nelly Bay at around 3pm
PICK UP: We meet by the car ferry ramp (next to the Peppers Blue on Blue deck) at Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal at 11.00am.
DROP OFF: After the cruise Pilgrim will return to Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay around 3pm.
WHAT TO BRING
- Flat white-soled shoes (or you can go barefoot if you prefer)
- Comfortable clothes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & a hat
- Swimmers & towel
- Spray jacket and something warm (just in case)
- BYO wine or beer (if you wish)
If you are wearing unsuitable shoes you will be asked to remove them.
- BBQ lunch - Local prawns, premium sausages, homemade salads & fresh bread rolls & Soft Drinks
- Bring your own wine or beer
- Great Barrier Reef levy
EXCLUSIONS (available for purchase at time of booking)
- Glass of wine or beer (max 2 per guest) - $6 per drink
- Stinger suit hire - $10 per person
- Discounted return ferry ticket - Townsville/Magnetic Island (Adult $30 | Child $15)