Lunchtime Sailing Cruise - Magnetic Island
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Nelly Bay, QLD
Jump on board with only a few other guests for a sail to one of the beautiful bays of Magnetic Island. Enjoy a snorkel or swim or just chill out before a delicious BBQ lunch (included) is served.
- On board a luxury 58 foot sailing yacht
- Learn a little about sailing and help sail or steer the boat if you wish
- Explore one of Magnetic Island secluded beaches
- Go for a swim or a snorkel
- Maybe spot a whale or two (in season)
- Enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch (included)
- Personal and intimate experience with two professional & friendly crew to assist
- Tamburlaine Organic Wines or premium beers to enjoy with your lunch (additional charge)
The 58 foot yacht, Pilgrim, is perfect for a lunchtime cruise for guests of all ages. Pilgrim is large, stable and comfortable with two deep cockpits which are super safe for kids.
Interested in sailing? The crew - Paul and Clare - love to get you involved and teach you a bit too. Great as a distraction/entertainment for the kids!
The number of guests on board is kept to a minimum to ensure a very personal service. Generally no more than 12 guests so plenty of space for everyone to spread out and relax.
Lunch and soft drinks are included. The BBQ lunch is a selection of premium sausages, homemade salads with fresh bread rolls.
You can also order a glass or two of wine or beer at time of booking (additional charge - max 2 per adult) or feel free to bring your own beer or wine.
If you are allergic to anything or have a special dietary requirements - please advise at time of booking. There may be a small additional charge to accommodate special diets which we will confirm with you via email after booking.
For your convenience, we have a few snorkels & fins on board if you wish to borrow them.
NOTE: Cruises will only run with six or more adults.
Lunchtime cruises are available from mid May to late September.
We depart Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay at 11.15am and return around 2.45pm.
Online bookings available for Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays. Other days available on request (subject to demand) - email us to enquire at email@example.com.
Bookings of six or more guests receive a 10% discount. Enter "GROUP6LUN" in the promotional code when booking.
Alternatively for larger groups we can arrange a private charter which can be tailored specifically for you - contact us for more details.
- Board Pilgrim at Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay at 11.00am
- Depart marina at 11.15am
- Pull out sail and enjoy the peace (wind permitting) (approximately 1 - 1.5 hours)
- Drop anchor in a secluded bay on Magnetic Island
- Go for a swim, snorkel or just relax
- Enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch
- Sail back to Nelly Bay at around 2.45pm
PICK UPPlease meet by the car ferry ramp (next to the Peppers Blue on Blue deck) at Nelly Bay Ferry Terminal at 11.00am.
One of the crew will meet you there and show you to the boat. Look out for someone in a white "Pilgrim Sailing" shirt!
Please arrive promptly so we depart the dock on time. Unfortunately if you are late the boat will have left without you.
After the cruise Pilgrim will return to Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay around 2.45pm.
WHAT TO BRING
- Flat white-soled shoes (or you can go barefoot if you prefer)
- Comfortable clothes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & a hat
- Swimmers, snorkel (if you own) & towel
- Spray jacket and something warm (just in case)
If you are wearing unsuitable shoes you will be asked to remove them.
- Simple BBQ lunch - Selection of premium sausages, homemade coleslaw, garden salad & fresh bread rolls
- Soft drinks
- Bring your own wine or beer
- Snorkel and fins
- Great Barrier Reef levy
EXCLUSIONS (available for purchase at time of booking)
- Glass of wine or beer (max 2 per guest) - $6 per drink
- Stinger suit hire - $10 per person
- Return ferry ticket - Townsville/Magnetic Island (Adult $32/ Child $16)