Lunchtime Sailing Cruise (Magnetic Island)
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Nelly Bay, QLD
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE LUNCHTIME CRUISE
- Onboard a luxury 58-foot sailing yacht
- Explore one of Magnetic Island secluded beaches
- Go for a swim or hang out on the giant inflatable mat
- Experience the local wildlife up close and personal - humpback whales (in season), batfish and other reef fish, kites, sea-eagles, turtles and maybe even a dugong!
- A personal and intimate experience with the feel of a private charter
- Enjoy a delicious BBQ and local seafood lunch (included)
- Have a go steering the yacht or learn a little about sailing from your hosts, Clare & Paul
- Kick back with Australian organic wines or local premium beer served with your lunch and on the sail home (included)
A little about what to expect on a Lunchtime Cruise:
Your lunchtime cruise begins at Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay. One of the crew will meet you on the Pepper's Blue on Blue deck at 11.00 am and show you to Pilgrim, the beautiful 58-foot sailing yacht.
After a full briefing to ensure everyone feels comfortable and safe, we'll have a chat to find out what you are looking for from the day, then head out of the marina and pull up sails and go sailing.
CHANGES MADE DUE TO COVID-19:
1. COVID-Safe checklist is completed ✅
2. Thorough cleaning with disinfectant before and after every cruise
3. Lunch is served on disposable (& compostable) platters
4. Two options for wine glasses - we will provide disposable biocups (included) or you can purchase** one of our quality branded "glasses" for use on board and to take away as a souvenir. Glasses are on sale at a discount due to current circumstances.
5. All your crew are following good hygiene practices including frequent hand washing
6. Reduced the maximum number of guests on board to ensure physical distancing is met. Feel free to request the plan of the vessel.
7. Pre-order drinks to facilitate serving of drinks
8. We are also implementing a range of processes and practices to ensure we meet all the good hygiene and physical distancing regulations and will cover these in our briefing on board.
** Recommended to minimise waste and a more enjoyable drinking experience in a high quality "glass".
Enjoy a leisurely sail to one of the bays of Magnetic Island. We'll sail for about an hour before dropping anchor in one of the bays.
You are welcome to have a go at steering the yacht or just striking the pose behind the wheel for your new profile pic! If you are interested in sailing, the crew, Clare & Paul, would be delighted to get you involved pulling ropes or teaching you a little bit more about the sport. Alternatively, you can just kick back and relax in one of the bean bags.
The destination will depend on the wind conditions on the day but is often Radical Bay, Florence Bay or Arthur Bay.
Once at anchor, you'll have some time to yourselves, when you can chill on the boat, explore the beach, have a swim or play/relax on the giant inflatable mat. If the weather permits (on light wind days) you may be able to go for a snorkel and check out the fringing reef and fish.
After you've had some fun or just kicked back and relaxed, we'll serve lunch on board, buffet-style.
Lunch includes a selection of BBQ meats and locally caught prawns served with homemade salads and bread rolls. Also included are Australian organic wines, premium beers and soft drinks with lunch and on the sail back to Nelly Bay.
After lunch, we'll pull up anchor and sail back to the marina enjoying the Magnetic Island scenery as we go.
During the cruise, we usually spot some of the local wildlife - the beautiful brahminy kites, the batfish or large Cod and in season, if we're lucky we'll see one or two of the migrating humpback whales.
Pilgrim is a luxury 58-foot yacht and is perfect for guests of all ages.
She is large, stable and comfortable and there's plenty of space for everyone to spread out on board with seating in four main areas - the foredeck, the bean-bags or in one of the two cockpits.
Be sure to have a peek downstairs too; she is a stunning vessel with beautiful cabinetry and heaps of space below also.
We proudly serve quality Australian and local produce on every cruise.
Lunch is served on board, buffet-style and includes a selection of locally caught prawns, premium sausages, and chicken skewers served with homemade salads with fresh bread rolls. Lunch is all freshly prepared on board.
You'll also enjoy complimentary wine or beer with your lunch and for the sail back home. (Note, we don't serve red wine onboard)
Our beers are from the local brewery in Townsville, the Townsville Brewery. We serve their Legends Lager, an easy-drinking lager and their Tropical Coast Pale Ale, a slightly fruitier beer.
We serve premium wines from Tamburlaine Organic Wines in New South Wales. They are the largest organic wine producer in Australia. The grapes are grown predominantly in Orange with the cellar door and winery in the Hunter Valley, just north of Sydney. Another essential feature for us is it is a family-run winery.
If you are allergic to anything or have special dietary requirements - please advise at time of booking. There may be a small additional charge to accommodate special diets which we will confirm with you via email after booking.
NUMBER OF GUESTS
We keep the number of guests to a minimum (between six and twelve) to ensure plenty of room for everyone to spread out and also a very personalised service from your hosts. Pilgrim can take up to 24 guests under licence so with only 12 guests everyone is very comfortable.
NOTE: Cruises will only run with six or more guests.
Lunchtime cruises are available on Friday, Saturday and Sundays from early April 2020, plus Wednesdays during school holidays.
Alternatively please contact us if you have a date in mind and we will see what we can do!
We depart Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay at 11.15 am and return around 3 - 3.15 pm
- Board Pilgrim at Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay at 11.00 am
- Depart marina at 11.15 am
- Pull up sails and enjoy the peace (wind permitting) (approximately 1 - 1.5 hours)
- Drop anchor in a secluded bay on Magnetic Island
- Explore the beach, go for a swim or chill out on the giant inflatable mat or just relax onboard.
- Enjoy a delicious BBQ lunch
- Sail back to Nelly Bay at around 3 - 3.15 pm
Please meet on the Peppers Blue on Blue deck, next to the car ferry ramp in Nelly Bay, Magnetic Island.
One of the crew will meet you there and show you to the boat. Look out for someone in a white "Pilgrim Sailing" shirt!
Unfortunately, if you are late, the boat will have left without you. We will depart at 4.30 pm SHARP.
After the cruise, Pilgrim will return to Magnetic Island Marina around 3.00 pm
WHAT TO BRING
- Flat white-soled shoes (or you can go barefoot if you prefer)
- Comfortable clothes
- Sunglasses, sunscreen & a hat
- Swimmers & towel
- Something warm (just in case)
- BBQ lunch - Local prawns plus a selection of BBQ options served with homemade salads & fresh bread rolls & soft drinks
- Complimentary wine and beer served with lunch and on the sail home.
- Environmental Management Charge of $7.00 per person
Please note: Online bookings close at 8pm the day before a cruise. Please send a text to 0424296406 if you wish to book a tour on the day or for the following day (if after 8pm).