Private Charter - Magnetic Island
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Nelly Bay, QLD
Enjoy hanging out with your friends or family on board a beautiful 58 foot sailing boat in the magical waters and bays of Magnetic Island.
- On board a luxury 58 foot yacht, Pilgrim
- Flexible itinerary to suit you and your guests
- Drop anchor in a protected bay on Magnetic Island
- Enjoy a BBQ or seafood platter while at anchor (catering is extra)
- Take a ride on the dinghy to the beach to explore
- Relax on the bean bags on deck
- Go for a swim in the turquoise waters
- Play or chill on the giant inflatable mat - great for kids and adults!
- Check out some of the Magnetic Island wildlife - Charlie the Cod, the Brahminy Kites, the Butterfly fish and more!
- Fully catered or Bring your Own catering
- Bring your own alcohol
- Exclusive use of Pilgrim for you and your guests (with crew)
- You'll be looked after by Paul & Clare, owners of Pilgrim
We'll take you for a gentle sail and then drop anchor in a protected Magnetic Island bay.
You can go for a swim, explore the beach, chill on deck while your lunch is being prepared by the crew.
We can arrange delicious catering ready for your arrival. Or you can keep the cost down by BYO food (we'll still prepare and cook it for you). BYO alcohol.
You don't have to do a thing...the crew, Paul & Clare, will do all they can to help you relax and have fun.
- Board Pilgrim at Magnetic Island Marina
- Skipper finds out if you have any special requests for the charter (sailing, swimming etc)
- Skipper's briefs everyone on safety and sailing
- Pull up sails and cruise the beautiful waters surrounding Magnetic Island
- Drop anchor in a quiet bay
- Explore the beach, go for a swim or a play on the giant inflatable mat or just hang out on the bean bags while your lunch is prepared for you
- Food is laid out (buffet-style) in saloon for guests to help themselves and take back on deck or at the saloon table
- Gentle sail back to the marina
DATES, TIMES & NUMBERS
You can select the time of day you want your charter. We recommend around 11am, this gives you enough time for a sail before stopping for lunch.
Private charters are available for 4, 5 or 6 hours. Our standard charter is for four hours however if you want to ensure you have enough time to sail, swim and relax we recommend five or six hours.
Day charters must finish by 4pm (exceptions may be possible on request).
Pilgrim is licensed for up to 24 guests. For Private Charters we have a minimum charge of $1000 - equivalent of 10 adults).
We understand that your day on the water is important to get right so if you need more information or advice before booking please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help you out.
DEPARTING FROM: Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay.
RETURNING TO: Magnetic Island Marina, Nelly Bay.
We can arrange return ferry tickets from Townsville at time of booking if you wish.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Flat white soled shoes (or you can go barefoot)
- Comfortable clothes
- Swimmers and beach towels.
- Spray jacket (just in case)
If you are wearing unsuitable shoes you will be asked to remove them.
WHAT'S ON BOARD:
Pilgrim is fully equipped with:
- Eskies and refrigeration
- Glasses, plates, cutlery, serving platters etc
- BBQ and oven
- Stereo with ipod connectivity
- Large awning over cockpits and foredeck (if required)
- Swim ladder
- Dinghy to access the beach
Catering - see menu below for prices
Stinger suit hire - $10pp
All extras must be requested at time of booking.
Local cheeses & homemade dips platter | $10.00pp
Selection of local cheeses, homemade dips and crackers
Full antipasto platter | $15.00pp
Selection of local cheeses, dips, cold meats, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, bread and crackers
Prawn & Bug platter | $30.00pp
Fresh local prawns & bugs with selection of dipping sauces with salad and bread rolls
BBQ Selection | $30.00pp
Select two from the following:
Beef Rissoles | Selection of Premium Sausages | Herb marinated Halloumi | Lamb cutlets ($5 supplement)
With your choice of 2 salads:
Vine ripened tomato, bocconcini and basil with olive oil and balsamic dressing | Rocket, pear, parmesan & pine nut with balsamic dressing | Greek Salad with Feta | Watermelon with Feta & Mint | Homemade coleslaw | German style chat potato salad with sour cream & eggs
Served with bread rolls & butter
- Please notify us of any dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you have any special requests please let us know and we will endeavour to assist
- Wait staff can be arranged for an additional charge. Please ask for more details.
- Selection may change subject to availability